Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DORIS 2011 January and February

It is with some reluctance that I post the last of Mom’s Journal summaries – as if I am saying good-bye again.  Mom began her actual daily journal in 1980 after writing a brief life history.  That history and a summary of her journals are all on the blog now.  If anyone is interested in reading actual journals, please contact me.  They are filled with a lot more detail, but of the same character.  Another entry on this blog describes the last few days of Mom’s life from my standpoint and is listed in the index.  Delivering Mom’s yearly journal summaries (which she made until 2009) to you will be an experience I miss deeply.  Carolyn







JOURNAL OF DORIS JOHNSON – 2011
 (January and February)
January
Enjoyed the visit of all of the Huntsman’s.  She is still doing some crocheting and organizing, and also crossword puzzles.   More doctor visits and hearing aid visits.  She spend time at Carl and Laree’s twice this month.   She mentions that she is “afraid” where her health is concerned.  “I feel ‘my time’ is getting near the end. She begins crocheting snowflakes for Catherine (Allen) Johnson.   Jerda’s children bring her a lot of happiness.   She mentions Rickell staying because of her burns.  Huntsmans visit and do lots of things to help Mom.    
Doris skips many days in her journal
February
Rickell is living at Jerda’s after surgery.  Phyllis has newly decorated Doris’ bedroom.  Kristen has helped decorate the apartment.  Maureen visits.  Still a little handwork, crossword puzzles, reading, and lots of pain, especially if she isn’t sitting down.  Some nights seem sleepless.   She spent some days in the hospital questioning whether to have hip surgery.   Con and Carolyn came to stay, along with visits from most of her children.   Again she talks about how much Jerda does for her, and how she enjoys the Judy family.   Again she skips several days because of pain.  She mentions the sacrament being brought to her.
Phyllis arrived at the end of February and did a lot for Mom.    Once again (as in another entry) I am going to quote her last journal entry. 
Prob Feb 28th:  Tonight I’m depressed.  Came near to falling.  Painful back.  Phyllis is still here, waiting on me.  I wish “I could go”. I’m afraid of my future. 
To read about the last few days of Doris’ life – read Johnson, Doris Last Days 2011.
THANK YOU MOM, FOR KEEPING A JOURNAL OF YOUR LIFE, OF OUR LIVES. 

No comments:

Post a Comment