1982
We were snowed in - no school - for three days. Kris moved from her "loft" room down stairs. She was growing up - wanted to have more room.
I spent lots of time at the Ward library and also taught the Grandmother's class in R.S. I got much praise for that. We are the only ward to have one and we do many fun things. Caught up all the albums and scrapbooks.
I went a day each week to school to assist with third grade reading. We went to Logan to see Dale for his birthday. I gave piano lessons to Michael and Rickell. I made Rickell a quilt for her baptism birthday.
Kris again was the star on her Ward basketball team. I visited the mastectomy patients for Reach to Recover - about one a week. We were happy to have Carl put in the So. Stake High Council.
Our family presented our Family Organization plan for the 26th time at an Idaho Falls Stake Fair.
Maurice re-did our laundry room, painted it almond color, new flooring and put my new Christmas washer and dryer in. We papered Kristen's rainbow room downstairs.
Dale brought LeAnn home for a weekend. I made Heather a quilt for her baptism birthday.
We were still having Home evening each Fast Sunday with all the families coming. We all took turns with the lessons.
By March, Adah and I were walking a mile, five days a week. We went to Carolyn's overnight in March. Dale brought LeAnn home again. They go skiing when she's here. We had the little grandchildren take turns sleeping overnight.
$$$$$MORMON HANDICRAFT$$$$$
Mormon Handicraft sold one of my afghans for $130.00. I got a little check each month for booties also.
It was frightening to get the big loan from he bank and SBA for the Stolworthy farm. Carl won the school board election. He made us proud.
We carpeted Kristen's purple rainbow room and she had a schools-out party. I made bedspreads for the two bunk beds. We moved the lawn furniture and trampoline into the spud cellar forher party (her first boy=girl party as it was too rainy and muddy to have it outside I wrote in the journal that it was fun think of Krissy being home for the summer, as was always my feeling when school ended. I remembered when Carl was in the fifth grade he said to the teacher, "My mother likes it when school's out and we'll be home for the summer." She was surprised and said "Well, I didn't know any mothers felt that way!"
Kristen was selected to be on the drill team. I got paid this year for cutting potatoes for the big farm. Earned $320.00.Maureen and I had a little recital for our piano students at her place - Michael, Rickell, and her children.
We worked hard on the yard and house to prepared for Dale's wedding openhouse in July. Planted about 400 plants.
This summer, Shayne was the "young" boy in Camelot at the Blackfoot Theater. It was wonderful to see him do it so well.
Everyone worked hard in the yard for the reception. I made rosette cookies and toffee peanuts to freeze.
On July 4th, we saw Kris march in the Idaho Falls parade, then Carl's family came for a wiener roast and fireworks. We went to Salt Lake for Dale's wedding and reception. It was all very nice. They took our camper to Redfish Lake for their honeymoon.
Carolyn had a birthday party for Kanda while they were her and had all the nieces and nephews and Karleen's children who were visiting Adah.
Carolyn and Von purchased THE VAN. We took Kristen to Twin Falls to meet them so she could go with them to Oregon for a week. Phyllis and family moved from Wapello up to Idaho Falls on College Avenue.
In July, we took Walt and Leona up to Big Springs and rowed down to Mack's in the Kayaks - had a great time. One of the most enjoyable things ever - to float on that clear shallow water amid lovely scenery with our sack lunches.
Also in July, while Kris was gone, we went in the camper up to Victor then Jackson and down to Jefferson Lake for 2 nights. We just love to go in the camper. Doug and Geneal had the Kirkham family reunion on July 31st.
Reunion Time
After two weeks, Carolyn's family and Kristen arrived home from Oregon, and our family reunion began. For the reunion, we went again to Jefferson Lake, then came back and pitched each family tent in a circle on the lawn by the shop. Kris, Maurice and I slept on the trampoline. On Saturday, we had the children's conference, then a big dinner and played games. On Sunday, 30 of us attended church. After everyone left and Kris went to visit friends, Maurice and I felt so alone, after all the summer excitement and plans for the wedding and reunion.
August 13th we went up West of the Tetons and camped with Maureen's family, and had a very enjoyable peaceful time.
storage.
The three men all worked hard on all the farms, ours, Sophia's, Frank Fieldings, Oakeys, and Curtis' and Stolworthy's.
I worked hard in the gardens, flower and vegetable and fruit, and canning and watering and wedding the flowers.
This year Maurice was working at the recommend desk at the temple every Wednesday. I also worked this year on the crocheted drapes.
For our birthdays, the children paid for Bryan to rent a plane and take us up over the valley - my first airplane ride and I loved it. He flew over our farm and home.
The potato harvest was so miserable and worrisome, as rain made them late getting into the fields. I worked on the combine and in the cellar for a month. We won $50.00 for the largest potato in the valley in the Simplot Contest. LeAnn went to Logan to college before the harvest was finished so Dale went to visit
her on weekends.
Adah and I took a calligraphy class. Kristen took drivers lessons and started driving the car.
I went to school starting in August each Thursday to help children read.
We were snowed in - no school - for three days. Kris moved from her "loft" room down stairs. She was growing up - wanted to have more room.
I spent lots of time at the Ward library and also taught the Grandmother's class in R.S. I got much praise for that. We are the only ward to have one and we do many fun things. Caught up all the albums and scrapbooks.
I went a day each week to school to assist with third grade reading. We went to Logan to see Dale for his birthday. I gave piano lessons to Michael and Rickell. I made Rickell a quilt for her baptism birthday.
Kris again was the star on her Ward basketball team. I visited the mastectomy patients for Reach to Recover - about one a week. We were happy to have Carl put in the So. Stake High Council.
Our family presented our Family Organization plan for the 26th time at an Idaho Falls Stake Fair.
Maurice re-did our laundry room, painted it almond color, new flooring and put my new Christmas washer and dryer in. We papered Kristen's rainbow room downstairs.
Dale brought LeAnn home for a weekend. I made Heather a quilt for her baptism birthday.
We were still having Home evening each Fast Sunday with all the families coming. We all took turns with the lessons.
By March, Adah and I were walking a mile, five days a week. We went to Carolyn's overnight in March. Dale brought LeAnn home again. They go skiing when she's here. We had the little grandchildren take turns sleeping overnight.
$$$$$MORMON HANDICRAFT$$$$$
Mormon Handicraft sold one of my afghans for $130.00. I got a little check each month for booties also.
It was frightening to get the big loan from he bank and SBA for the Stolworthy farm. Carl won the school board election. He made us proud.
We carpeted Kristen's purple rainbow room and she had a schools-out party. I made bedspreads for the two bunk beds. We moved the lawn furniture and trampoline into the spud cellar forher party (her first boy=girl party as it was too rainy and muddy to have it outside I wrote in the journal that it was fun think of Krissy being home for the summer, as was always my feeling when school ended. I remembered when Carl was in the fifth grade he said to the teacher, "My mother likes it when school's out and we'll be home for the summer." She was surprised and said "Well, I didn't know any mothers felt that way!"
Kristen was selected to be on the drill team. I got paid this year for cutting potatoes for the big farm. Earned $320.00.Maureen and I had a little recital for our piano students at her place - Michael, Rickell, and her children.
We worked hard on the yard and house to prepared for Dale's wedding openhouse in July. Planted about 400 plants.
This summer, Shayne was the "young" boy in Camelot at the Blackfoot Theater. It was wonderful to see him do it so well.
Everyone worked hard in the yard for the reception. I made rosette cookies and toffee peanuts to freeze.
On July 4th, we saw Kris march in the Idaho Falls parade, then Carl's family came for a wiener roast and fireworks. We went to Salt Lake for Dale's wedding and reception. It was all very nice. They took our camper to Redfish Lake for their honeymoon.
Carolyn had a birthday party for Kanda while they were her and had all the nieces and nephews and Karleen's children who were visiting Adah.
Carolyn and Von purchased THE VAN. We took Kristen to Twin Falls to meet them so she could go with them to Oregon for a week. Phyllis and family moved from Wapello up to Idaho Falls on College Avenue.
In July, we took Walt and Leona up to Big Springs and rowed down to Mack's in the Kayaks - had a great time. One of the most enjoyable things ever - to float on that clear shallow water amid lovely scenery with our sack lunches.
Also in July, while Kris was gone, we went in the camper up to Victor then Jackson and down to Jefferson Lake for 2 nights. We just love to go in the camper. Doug and Geneal had the Kirkham family reunion on July 31st.
Reunion Time
After two weeks, Carolyn's family and Kristen arrived home from Oregon, and our family reunion began. For the reunion, we went again to Jefferson Lake, then came back and pitched each family tent in a circle on the lawn by the shop. Kris, Maurice and I slept on the trampoline. On Saturday, we had the children's conference, then a big dinner and played games. On Sunday, 30 of us attended church. After everyone left and Kris went to visit friends, Maurice and I felt so alone, after all the summer excitement and plans for the wedding and reunion.
August 13th we went up West of the Tetons and camped with Maureen's family, and had a very enjoyable peaceful time.
storage.
The three men all worked hard on all the farms, ours, Sophia's, Frank Fieldings, Oakeys, and Curtis' and Stolworthy's.
I worked hard in the gardens, flower and vegetable and fruit, and canning and watering and wedding the flowers.
This year Maurice was working at the recommend desk at the temple every Wednesday. I also worked this year on the crocheted drapes.
For our birthdays, the children paid for Bryan to rent a plane and take us up over the valley - my first airplane ride and I loved it. He flew over our farm and home.
The potato harvest was so miserable and worrisome, as rain made them late getting into the fields. I worked on the combine and in the cellar for a month. We won $50.00 for the largest potato in the valley in the Simplot Contest. LeAnn went to Logan to college before the harvest was finished so Dale went to visit
her on weekends.
Adah and I took a calligraphy class. Kristen took drivers lessons and started driving the car.
I went to school starting in August each Thursday to help children read.
No comments:
Post a Comment