INDIAN CAROLYN
When I was little, the cars were built a little bit different, at least the one we had. The doors would open opposite of what they do now so that when they opened, and you were standing in front of a car, you could see the inside of the door. You can image what would happen if a child, or anyone opened the door while you were driving down the street. The door would fling open from the impact of the air hitting it, and it would pull the person out. And that is just what happened to me. I remember (possibly my perception isn’t real accurate) we were driving into town and we got to the hill in front of the old maternity home (now the Mauseth home). I decided to open the door and throw a gum paper or something out, thinking that was a good idea. I must have been about 4 or 5 at the time. WHAM! Next thing I knew, I was rolling in the road. I don’t remember anything else except I was taken into the Eaton Maternity home where I got my head bandaged. The main thing I remember about this incident is I remember how important I felt wearing a bandage around my head because it looked similar to the band an Indian might wear. My mother gave me a feather to put in that band, so I was able to be an Indian for several days.
No comments:
Post a Comment