Sunday, July 17, 2011

DORIS - 1998





JOURNAL ADDITION OF DORIS JOHNSON - 1998


 ­  ­  ­  ­  JANUARY  ­  ­  ­  ­
Another year, and another Christmas we were able to enjoy.  When Carolyn and Von left, it seemed lonely as Maurice is asleep and “away” much of the time.

As we are anticipating having Kris and Jim buy our house and build on for us, we wondered what changes the year would bring.  Would it be the last Christmas here?  Would Maurice be here another Christmas?  Sometimes my heart aches, but I count blessings and our children are all so good to us.

$$$$$$$$$$
I worked for Nalders some days (no, sat and got paid well).  I also worked at the Cleaners for three hours on Saturdays.  Maurice went with me sometimes, or Kirs or Maureen stayed with him.
I tended Kris’ children while he worked at Bonita’s one day a week, and occasionally at Fabricland.
Kristen assisted at the first funeral since being R.S. Counselor.  Maureen related to me her fun experience of snowshoeing at the Craters of the moon.  Dale and Carl called weekly to check on us (and sent some checks).   I took Maurice out to the Taylor Store occasionally so he could get treats for us and the little children. I finished up my assignment to do the State Sesqui-centennial scrapbook so it could be handed in.  Stan and Joan came to visit as they do occasionally.  Sometimes I had Kristen’s family and Rickell to Sunday dinner.    Deona got me started on Swedish weaving on Monk’s clot and I anticipated making several afghans in the future, as it was pretty and enjoyable to do.

 Kirk®©©_©_©©¬Jerda
Phyllis came to start preparing for Jerda’s wedding.  She and Kristen beaded the wedding dress - some experience.  Laree and Janie cam also, and we all went to Kristen’s for the bridal shower.  Rick had a bachelor party at our house for Kirk.  Carolyn, Von, Kanda and Steffan came for the wedding.  It was beautiful; lovely decorations and lights, bridesmaids dresses, cute Laney and Nick as flower girl and ring bearer. Jerda’s bishop from West Jordan married them, with hopes of their being sealed in the temple after Kirk was a member long enough.  (That came to pass in 1999).  We attended the luncheon provided by Kirk’s family, and the lovely reception in the evening.

FEBRUARY
I felt lonely after all had left for home, but there are good memories.  Michael came to live with us for a few weeks, while he worked for Bradshaws.  But he spent much time and the weekends in Rexburg to be with his fiancé, Marisa!



Dale called every week and Carl wrote a weekly letter and also called.  On the fourteenth, we all went down to West Jordan to attend the reception given for Jerda and Kirk by Carolyn and Von.  As Adah was too ill to attend, Maureen took me to see her, and it would be the last time I would visit with her.  It was otherwise a loverly weekend, visiting and eating at both Carolyn’s and Phyllis’.  We had watched the opening and closing ceremonies of the Nagano, Japan Olympics with Kris and Maureen’s families.  The Priests began bringing the Sacrament to us on Fast Sundays.  I always attended Sacrament meeting.  I continued to work at Nalders and the Cleaners. 

MARCH
ADAH KIRKHAM SMITH
Adah died on March 3rd.  I will miss her so much.  There are things we could talk about that no one else would understand.  And she continued to teach me things about life and living.  Her funeral was held in our Ward, even though she had lived in West Jordan for several years. She had many friends here.  The funeral was lovely, with all her grandchildren present giving comments.  Also, Bill, Bob, myself and Dale and Carl, who had come all the way from North Dakota and Maryland to attend.  All six of our children came - Carolyn and Phyllis from Utah.  I and the four girls and Laree sang a hymn.  

All to myself I’ll think of you
Think of the things we used to do-
Think of the things we used to say
Think of each happy yesterday.
Sometimes I’ll sigh, sometimes I’ll smile
And keep each golden, golden while
All to myself.

Kristen and Jim laid gray carpeting on the stairs and hallway down stairs (which had been given to us for Christmas by the children).  Kris and I sang a duet at the R.S. birthday dinner.  I was sad for Maurice that he couldn’t drive the car anymore, so I took him for rides occasionally.  We held Home Evening with Maureen’s and Kristen’s families as usual on Fast Sunday.

Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q
On the 19th, Maureen dn Robyn took me to Carolyn’s so I could do with Carolyn and Kanda to Dale’s in Maryland.  I was so pleased and excited to go - a gift from Carolyn, Von and Kanda, but sad to leave Maurice (who would be taken care of by Maureen and Kristen).  We flew to Newark, then to Kanda’s (and our) delight, were “bumped” to First class.  The storm made the flight from then on to the Washington Airport frightening.  On the 21st, Dale, Carolyn, Kristie, Sarah and I took the Metro down to the National Mall.  We saw the wonderful Lincoln, Korean, FDR memorials.  Then LeAnn came to take us home.  We watched movies and had a nice dinner.  A most lovely day! At R.S. on Sunday, LeAnn gave a very impressive lesson, then after dinner we went to the D.C. Temple grounds and visitor center.



Monday, we went to the Wildlife Preservation Museum.  Then they took us out to Keedysville area to look at homes, as they were planning to move to a rural area.  We returned home to Salt Lake on Tuesday.  Damian and Phyllis drove me to Malad, where Jerda met us and brought me home.  Everyone had helped me have a wonderful vacation.  I was happy then to be home with Maurice.  They are all so good to us!  On the 28th, I had Maureen’s family and Michael and Marisa to dinner, as Heather was here from Florida.  Once more, the cousins came, Robyn, Heather, Jerda, Rickell, Michael and Maureen and Kristen and the little children.  It was fun to see the cousins have fun together.


APRIL
Adah:  Ring!  Ring!

Doris:  Hello.

Adah:  Doris, great news.  Guess who’s here?

Doris:  Don’t know.  Who is here?

Adah:  Orla.  He just arrived.
 
Karleen called with the old “Orla’s here” joke.  Adah and I always laughed about it.  It was big, pleasant news when Dale called to say they had purchased a home in Keedysville, Md.  They’re so happy and excited to have six acres with woods bordering the Antietam Creek and Battlefield. 


_  "   _
We had our Make It Take It at the church, Carolyn, Von, Maureen, Robyn, Lara, Maurice, Michael, Marisa.  (Marisa passed the craft test - we’ll keep her.)  Easter Sunday, and all the children visited wiht us.  Trent was baptized and confirmed by Jim on the 18th.  Phyllis and Rickell came and we all went for ice cream and cake at Kristen’s.  On Sunday, cute Trent took his new scriptures and sat up on the stand with the bishopric.

Kristen and I attended the DUP Company Jubilee party at the Sweet Home Restaurant.  I had Maureens’ and Kris’ families for refreshments as Michael was leaving for North Dakota and Marisa going home to Texas.  I did lots of yard work this month, and planted peas, corn, broad beans.   Two year old McKay came running out to the garden and said “I’m here.”  We laughed at the cuteness of her.  I worked at the Cleaners on Saturdays. 


I continued to tuck Maurice in bed several times each day with a warm blanket.  He likes that.
MAY
LeAnn and her mother and little Nathan came for a visit on May 1st.  LeAnn brought me flowers to plant.  Maurice, for the first time, asked me where Doris was and imagines someone else in the house quite often.


Stake Conference on May 3rd was a historical meeting.  For the first time in the church history, the meeting was broadcast from one Stake (Shelley South) and seen by satellite in five other Stakes.  It was name a (trial) Regional Conference.  We could feel the excitement.  Elder Jeffrey Holland pronounced an Apostolic blessing upon the congregation, including those unable to attend the meeting. (I had left early to check on Maurice).  He blessed the women, the mothers, the fathers, the soil, etc.  We called all the children to tell them.  That same evening, we had our usual Fast Day Home Evening.

Kris and Jim mowed the lawn and got the sprinklers going - so it suddenly looked beautiful out there.

Mother’s Day - What a lovely day!  Maureen, Robyn, Kristen’s family, Phyllis, Rick, Rickell, Jerda and Kirk all came and brought nice gifts.  Carolyn, Carl and Dale all called, - they are all so good to us.  We had our last DUP meeting (picnic) of the season here in our yard.

JUMPER ! - HOPPER ! - BEN ! - BEARD !
How can I do justice writing about this great adventure; our Grand Gulch Trip!  I went with Maureen to Carolyns.  Phyllis came in the evening and brought me a fanny-pack with “treasures”(first aid kit, suntan lotion, compass, candy, rain pouch, kleenex) and a sleeping bag.  On the 21st, we left - Von, Carolyn, Maureen, Mary, Josh and me.  As we passed through Monticello, we were privileged to see the first of the new, small temples being built by the Church.  We toured the Indian Museum in Blanding then wen on to the Gulch overlfow parking lot, where we set up camp to sleep overnight.
At 10:30, Von, Carolyn and Mary and I drove back to the highway to watch for Jim and Rickell who were bringing the pack goats for the hike.  We jumped for joy that they had arrived safely.  It was then they insisted that I would get to sleep in the car on a good bed.  On the 22nd, we ate our snacks, Jim “packed” the goats with our supplies and we started out form the Gulch Rim parking lot.  Oh, it was fun to be with them all.  The deep canyon was beautiful every step - peach cliffs, slick rock, and a little stream all the way.  We hiked as far as Junction camp and saw the first Indian ruins - cliff dwellings.  We could climb right up to these old ruins and step into the tiny dwellings.  We then went on further, and camped and hiked to see other areas.  Maureen and Rickell hiked to Split Level ruins and were lost.  I waited up and was so relieved to see their lights approaching through the trees.  We all slept in a row on the ground, and the stars were so bright above the high peach cliffs.  Jim had brought me an inflatable mattress.  On the 23rd, we arose, ate our breakfast, and started back out, reluctant to leave our wonderful trip ended.  It was a most wonderful time - the beauty, appreciating the Indian culture, and mostly being with the precious family.  We had such fun and talked it over and over and planned other trips.

{ { { { { { { {
On memorial Day, Maurice and I took flowers to the cemetery, Karleen dropped in for a few minutes.  Von and Carolyn and Mary were here.

On the 29th, Carl, Laree, Chris and David and Janie came for Michael’s wedding time.  They went on down to Provo to take things for Michael’s new home.



JUNE
 Michael®©©_©_©©¬Marisa
On June 3rd, I went to Kristen’s for Marisa’s bridal shower.  We all just love her!  She had brought her mother and father to meet Carl and Laree an us last night.  On their wedding day, June 5th, we went to the temple for their lovely wedding, then to our church for a nice lunch.  Laree had worked so hard and everything was nice.  We also enjoyed the lovely reception at our church.  On the 6th, Carl and family left for home. 

 Jeremy®©©_©_©©¬Janie
On June 12, they came back again for Janie’s temple wedding on the 19th.  We all went to her shower down to Marsha’s in Blackfoot.  Laree had again did a great job, including making Janie’s beautiful dress.

 Shayne®©©_©_©©¬Molly
Shayne & Molly were married the same weekend in Portland; we were sad not to able to attend - our oldest grandchild.  Maureen came afterward and brought me one of the beautiful table centerpieces - roses.

Carolyn and Von and Phylllis had come for both weddings - Von made the beautiful cakes.
On Father’s day, all the children here and Carolyn, Von and Phyllis came to visit.  Marurice and brought gifts.  It really pleased him, as always.  I made many batches of candy for Shayne & Molly’s reception in Blackfoot.  Carolyn and Von and Phyllis came again and we all helped in the kitchen.  Again, Von made the cake.  It is so pleasant to see the children working together to help one another.  A lovely reception again.  It was lonely again after they all left.  I’m always glad that Maureen and Kristen live close to us. 

I worked hard in the yard - the corn, peas, beans and raspberries are looking good.  I went to watch Trent play ball and they came out here for Laney’s Fourth birthday refreshments and gifts.

®®®®®® JULY ®®®®®®

After a strong windstorm that blew down twigs and branches in the night, I worked to clean it up, and felt fortunate a big branch didn’t land on the car; just close by.  Kris and family came twice and cooked on the grill outside.  I could see I was catching up on yard work and could just enjoy the yard.  I’ve noticed not having Maurice able to help out.  I went to the hospital for a mamogram.  I noticed the Clears I would not want to work anymore, as it’s hard to leave or take Maurice, and the children all encouraged me to quit.  They take care of my needs. 




I was so pleased with an article I had submitted to the Shelley Pioneer about Dale and his experiences in Poland, Kazakhstan, and Russia.  They added patriotic comments along with it.  On July 4th we had Phyllis, Rick, Damian, Rickell, Jerda, Kirk, and Kristen’s family, and Stan and Joan for a picnic.  We had the veterans, Maurice, Rick, Stan, and Kirk tell about their military service and Kristen had prepared a nice display table of patriotic articles and uniforms.  Damian & Rickell had taken the little children to the Idaho Falls parade.  All except Maurice and I went to the fireworks.  We all went to Jerda’s new home in Ammon for a housewarming on July 5th.

On July 6th, Jim’s Mom and Dad came and cooked supper and Jim had fireworks for the children.  One day, Kristen and Jim marked off the yard with string and stakes, to designate where our new apartment will be added if Kris sells her house and buys ours.

I went to the Pioneer Homemaking meeting at Barbara Hoskins, and told about Anna Crompton and Lucy Stoddard who cared for, shampoo and braided, Porter Rockwell’s hair. On July 22 we went to Black Tail Reservoir with Kris and Jim’s and Nelson’s families and had a picnic and rode in the motor boat.  One day, Bob and Deona took us riding down to Maureens to take Shayne and Molly a wedding gift.  Kristen drove us and friend, Michelle, down to Carolyns.  Kristen worked on Kanda’s hair for her wedding pictures and we three went to the Home Depot to look and “dream” about new home fixtures, etc.  Phyllis and family had moved to another location, so we were able to see their home.

Carolyn & Von had a surprise birthday party for Kanda with 24 present;  Phyllis family, Cory’s family and mother-in-law and Michael & Marisa and friends.  It was a lovely weekend, as always, at Carolyn and Von’s and Phyllis and Rick’s.

One day Maureen took us for a ride up to St. Anthony and we really enjoyed going.  On July 24th, I was in charge of setting up a display of Shelley history for the two-stake party out to Taylor Park.  Kristen helped me get interesting pictures and records from the city library and display them.

On busy day, I: raked the back lawns, watered the yard, raked the garden, washed, folded clothes, cooked dinner, bought groceries, picked raspberries, picked broad beans, crocheted, wrote in journal, read scriptures, and prayed.  A typical summer day!

Dale’s family came after having spent time at Lake Powell with LeAnn’s family.   Dale brought a rubber raft so the children could float in the canal.  Maureen, Dale, Allen and Josh went camping and hiking at the Sawtooth Range.  One day we went with Dale’s family to the Idaho Falls zoo.   Thornocks sent a gallon of raspberries back with Dale who went to visit them.  I made good jam.  They then left of Utah as Dale had to attend conference meetings regarding his work.  Jerda and I made her some raspberry jam also. A busy and fun month!

AUGUST
There finally surfaced a name for Maurice’s illness - dementia, the doctor said.  Some things he says and does are pretty disturbing, but he continues to always be kind and generous.  He wants
to make sure we always have treats for the children.  Carl had an offer to manage a plant in Colorado.  It was exciting to anticipate, but eventually, it turned out that they felt they should stay in Grand Forks.  One day Maureen, Lara, Rickell and the little children and Maurice and I went to Pocatello and just for fun, toured the Black Swan Inn, a theme hotel.  So interesting!


EAST CANYON FAMILY REUNION
On the 7th, we went with Kris and family to Ogden East Canyon to our family reunion.  Attending were Carolyn, Von, Kanda, Roy, Cory, Lili, Tati, Maureen, Bryan, Jason, Lara, Josh, and Molly’s sister, Phyllis, Rick, Damian and friend, Rickell, Jerda, Kirk, Dale and LeAnn and children, Kristen and Jim and children, Michael, Marisa, and Maurice and I.  It was a camp-out reunion in a fun area, but Maurice and I had a good bed in a van and a tent-trailer.  There was swimming for some, hiking, crafts, good meals, a Sunday devotional and testimony meeting.  On Saturday evening, we sat around the fire and heard stories of ancestors.  On Sunday, all left for home.  Dale and LeAnn were to return clear back to Maryland. 

Helpful Kristen rented a cleaner and shampooed the carpets and furniture.  Kristen and I were able to attend a meeting where Chieko Okasaki spoke to women of three Stakes. 

My knee became really painful, so much that I had Maureen take me for X-rays.  It wasn’t dislocated as I’d thought but a torn cartilage.  I used Maurice’s walker to avoid weight on it.  The medicine and treatment helped quickly within three days, and I didn’t have any more problems.  Maureen and Josh and Kristen mowed the lawns.

Lanea’s son, Robert and wife and baby came to visit.  Chris came on his way to Ricks College, what a great guy!
SEPTEMBER
On most Saturdays, we spent the evening watching Lawrence Welk.  That and football are the only programs Maurice can enjoy.  It’s a special time to enjoy together.

On day, Rickell and Jerda came and we bottled applesauce, raspberries, blackberries, peaches.  It was fun!  We did 87 bottles.  I took flowers to Adah’s grave on her birthday.

On Nicky’s birthday, we went down to Twin Lakes and went boating and fishing with Mark and Valerie, Jim’s parents.  It was my first time ever to fish, and Valerie had a nice meal for us.  I always enjoy being with them.  The following day, we went to Kristen’s with the Nelsons and had a fish fry and party for Nicky.

 Roy®©©_©_©©¬Kanda
On the 7th, we went with Kristen to Sandy to be at Kanda’s wedding.  It was the same enjoyable place - the “gathering place” - Phyllis’ family, Michael and Marisa.  We went with Phyllis, Rick, Carolyn, Von, Kanda, Roy & Kristen to dinner at the China King.  Damian tended the little children.   We went to see the Safe Store that Rick and Phyllis were managing.  Kristen and Phyllis had a shower for Kanda in Carolyn’s back yard.  On Friday, 11th, Carl, Laree and Chris came.  I tended the children and all the others went to help with the decorating for the reception.  We attended dinner hosted by Roy’s parents.

`Saturday, the 12th, Kanda’s wedding day, at the Salt Lake Temple.  What a precious, lovely bride, beaming with happiness!


The reception and decorations, food, and many friends - was lovely.  I was able to have a good visit with Bill and Jean.  Later in the evening at home, we watched the videos of the eventful day and evening and laughed a lot.

We all left for homes on Sunday and I was sad, knowing we wouldn’t see Carl for months.

I made cookies for the Young Men who had mowed our lawn while we were gone.  These were the miserable days of hearing about the Clinton Whitehouse Scandal.  It was miserable and wouldn’t go away for a long time!

On Spud Day, we went to watch the parade because the little children led and rode the packing goats.  Laney gave a Primary Talk on Sunday, and we had Home Evening with Maureens, Kristens families and Jerda, Kirk, and Rickell.

Kristen and Jim had replaced the railings on the front porch and painted it.  Kirk Smith came to visit one day, as he was here for his mother-in-law’s funeral.

Dale called to say LeAnn was in a wreck and broke her arm.  I wished I could be there to help out.  Phyllis’ family came for the weekend and we were all in attendance while Kirk was ordained a Priest by Rick.  One day, I went, as Meldean Whitmill had invited me, to her home.  She gave me flowers, cucumbers, squash, onions, tomatoes.  I bottled 14 quarts of tomatoes and 8 pints of zucchini relish. 

AN ALMOST TYPICAL SEPTEMBER DAY:


breakfast for Maurice                                                 
read scriptures
read ensign
washed dishes
straightened rooms
trimmed some perennials
transplanted 3 plants
dug up some weeds
spaded the pea garden to add compost
raked some lawns
scattered grass on flower beds
burned refuse on canal bank
watered gardens
pulled and hauled away cornstalks
tended Nick
Took him home
dinner
read paper
crossword puzzle
wrote to Leona
made a bootie
finished a baby shawl
a row on a doilies
5 rows on soap sachet
made a “turkey” hotpad
took Maurice for ride and treat
helped him dress twice
talked on phone 11 times
prayer
read in bed
(Was there anything left to do the next day?  YES!)

OCTOBER
Heather had a baby, Lucas, on October 1. 

We all went to East Canyon on Friday to Carolyn and Von’s condo for our Make-it-Take-it.  On Saturday for the day, we had lots of fun making crafts.  Carolyn, Von, Phyllis, Ricks, Jerda, Rickell, Damian, Maureen, Lara, Michael, Marisa, Karleen, Tyra, Kris’ family and Maurice and I.

We also watched movies ate lots, took walks, and just had fun as always.  On Sunday we watched General Conference and returned home.  Maureen and Lara went by plane to Florida to be with Heather. 






As we came home, I realized summer was over, gardens frozen, MITI over and Maurice “far away” much of the time.  Just for a little while, I felt blue, but all the children are so food and kind to us, so I count my blessings.  It’s wonderful to have Maureen and Kristen and families close.

Maureen and I took turns tending the children while Kristen and Jim went on vacation to Heber City.  I was sad Kristen wasn’t here to see the children on the Sacrament Meeting Primary Program.  But when we got the chapel, there they were to surprise us.  So nice!

Maureen and Kristen and children came on my birthday and all the others called and sent gifts.  Fall was beautiful because the frost came slowly and allowed the golden trees around town to hold their color longer.  Many commented on it.  But the end of summer left me melancholy.  I started in earnest on Christmas gifts.  If I couldn’t make gifts, I couldn’t give much.We got flu shots and I had a small cancer removed from my face. 

 Karl®©©_©_©©¬Robyn
Robyn and Karl were married and I went with Maureen to attend the wedding along with Jason and Josh and Karl’s family.  We were favorably impressed with Karl and think it is a lovely situation.

On Halloween, Maureen and Josh came and brought a fun supper.  Kristen’s children and their Nelson cousins came for Trick & Treat; and little neighbors.

NOVEMBER
We had Home Evening on Fast day and watched the video “Lamb of God.”  I voted at the pols for Governor Kempthorne and bottled 20 quarts of applesauce from apples that Jerda brought.  Kristen and I went to a shower, hosted by Robyn’s mother-in-law.

Maurice could hardly walk, but wanted to go so badly to Bill Gutke’s viewing so I took him.  He could remember their boyhood days of riding horses and playing ball together.  On the 16th, little Nicky broke his arm, falling from the bunk bed.  It was upsetting for us especially Kristen who say it “hanging.”  But they were able to set it alright. 

Five of my old school friends came to our home for a planning meeting for our 50th class reunion to be held in June, 1999.  I cooked food ahead for Thanksgiving and made batches of fondant for our annual chocolate dipping party.  Carl’s children and Jeremy and Marisa all came.  Kris, Jim, Phyllis, Rick, Jerda and Kirk, came Thanksgiving Eve and set up tables and chairs.  Phyllis brought pretty plastic dishes and glasses; so pretty we couldn’t throw them away, and Rick washed them all.  We had twenty-six for dinner and it was a lovely time, with everyone helping.  They’re all so good to us.  Phyllis left fun pixie gifts.  Carolyn and Von were at Dale’s in Maryland, where they were said to be having a Norma Rockwell Thanksgiving dinner around their new Amish dining room table.   Carl and Laree were home alone in North Dakota, and after eating dinner, went to serve at the mission in town.

On the 28th, we gathered and made chocolates - about 700!  Maureen brought Maurice some icicle lights and she and Kris and Josh put them on the front porch.  He went to look at them often.

As each holiday, which Maurice and I have always loved, passes, I feel melancholy as we’re older and wondering if we’ll be here for more.  Special holidays and gathers are so precious.

DECEMBER
Merry Christmas Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays   Happy Holidays
Kristen got the trees down from the attic and put the lights on for me.  Then for two days I got out the old sentimental precious decorations and decorated all the rooms.  Maurice always used to be so much a part of the preparations, but now he wasn’t very aware, but did set and enjoy the house.

Kristen and I went to North’s Restaurant for the CUP Company party.  One evening I had the children come out and we made candy and gum trains, had pizza and they slept overnight.  For Home Evening, the family went to the Gingerbread House display at the Temple Visitor Center, then out to Jerda’s for refreshments.  Maurice was sick, so we stayed home, but had a nice evening.

Kristen arranged to have our house weatherized (without cost).  We can feel the difference in the warmth. 

I sang in a sextet at the RES Christmas party and took some of my nativities for display as did many sisters.

I had the DUP camp party at our house, and served luncheon on my pretty glass plates with a tree doilie underneath.  On the 18th, Carl came from N.D. to get Chris from Ricks and take him home.  On December 19th, our 57th Anniversary, Carl and Chris went shopping and brought back many groceries for us.  At Sacrament meeting, I sang in the sextet again.  For our family party, we had a progressive dinner, begging at Maureens, then Rickell’s, Kristen’s. our home and Jerdas.  It was  just great to have Carolyn, Von, Phyllis and Rick from Utah and Carl and Chris from N.D.  We had a story or music at each house, and Kristen’s little children portrayed the Nativity.


Christmas Eve was the same lovely time as usual.  Kris/ family and Jerda and Kirk came for fondue and brought gifts.  We had the Nativity again and Kris; family stayed overnight and for Christmas morning and dinner.  The little children were a joy to watch - their happiness and appreciation for their gifts.  All the children gave us nice gifts, and called often, and visited.  A perfect day.
On New Years Eve, the others went out to dinner and brought dinner back to us.  They all stayed until midnight and then “let loose” the shower of confetti.  I loved it.  Those attending were Maureen, Bryan, Heather, Jan, Jake, Luke, Lara, Josh, Jim, Kris, Trent, Nick, Laney, McKay, Phyllis, Rick, Jerda, Kirk, Gaird and friends.  Kris’ family stayed overnight and helped vacuum and clean on New Years Day.
YEARLY TALLEY
Worked at Cleaners and Nalders a few hours each month until October.
Visiting Teacher and Supervisor
100% Visiting Teaching.
Calls every week from children, far away, and money and gifts.
Constant attention from Maureen and Kristen - (Jim is our “fixer”)
Each day I read the Book of Mormon, Bible, Ensign
Stan and Joan visited often.
I read the Book of Mormon for the 20th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment