A TRIBUTE TO DORIS JOHNSON
GIVEN IN D. U. P.
by Kristen in 1994
Lott and Sarah Kirkham's baby daughter was born October 19, 1923 in Monroe Utah. She was born to a family of 6 brothers and 1 sister. Doris had a cappy childhood.
When she was 5 years old, her family moved to Shelley, Idaho. Her father worked for the sugar company and so they first lived on sugar row. Her father had a great love for farming and so they were able to buy a small farm west of Shelley. She attended Riverside grade school where she made some wonderful and lasting friendships.
On of Doris' dreams was to have a room of her own. This dream came true when her family ran the boarding house. She fixed her room up in dainty yellow and purple and added special touches that made it her own.
Doris attended Shelley schools and was active in school government and music.
She was also very active in church where she met Maurice Johnson. one of her friends had a crush on this Maurice and would constantly talk about him, so much so, that Doris was sick of hearing how wonderful Maurice Johnson was.
A while later, Doris had a chance to find out first had just how wonderful Maurice was. They began dating and on May 14, 1941, 2 days before her High School graduation, she became engaged to the man of her dreams. Seven months later on December 19, 1941, she became Mrs. Doris Johnson. The next few years were bliss. They had a cute apartment downstairs in the home they live in now.
All to soon World Ward II took Maurice away. Doris had their first baby while he was away. After long separations the war was over and Maurice came home to his beautiful wife and baby.
As I was trying to gather things for this history, I cam on to so many things it is impossible to compile someone's whole life on a few pages. I want to tell you though, the most important things in Doris' life are Maurice, Carolyn, Maureen, Carl, Phyllis, Dale, Kristen, and their spouses and her 2 dozen grandchildren.
This tribute is for a woman of faith and fortitude, but I want to give you some other descriptions of Doris Johnson, gracious, honest, beautiful, fun, talented, living, generous, sense of humor, good sport, young, homemaker and very wise. To some these may just be words, but to me they are my mother.
She has been faithful in the gospel all her life. She has held, I believe, every calling that can be held by a woman in the church including a full time missionary.
Doris has taught her children things she has lived by all her life like, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and my favorite, "Everyone's name is sacred in my home." I have never heard my mother speak ill of anyone!!!!
My mother is a very talented lady, some of them include sewing, crocheting, embroidery, oil painting, cooking, gardening, cake decorating, singing, and some don't know this but she is very accomplished at the piano!
I could go on and on about how PERFECT my mother is in every aspect of life. I truly cannot think of one fault she has. I believe Heavenly Father sent her to earth so that all that know her can see what the celestial kingdom will be like. I want my mother to know she is my kindred spirit and will always be my bosom friend!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment